Job Transition

If you’re moving to another company, it is important to decide what to do with your retirement savings. The vested balance in your employer’s qualified 401(k) or 403(b) retirement plan belongs to you. So, is it better to roll the money into an IRA or move it to your new employer’s retirement plan? When making the choice, you should take into consideration what accounts offer you access to your funds, potential growth, and tax advantages.

Along with how to handle your retirement savings, there are other decisions you will need to make when you change jobs. A financial advisor can help you address some of these questions, such as:

  • Do you understand your new benefits package and options, including health care and insurance?
  • Will you need additional insurance?
  • Have you determined how your job change might affect existing employee stock options?
  • How will your income and expenses impact your financial goals?

During a job transition, an investment advisor can help position you to meet your future career and retirement objectives.

This site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation or offering of any security and:
Representatives of a Registered Broker-Dealer ("BD") or Registered Investment Advisor ("IA") may only conduct business in a state if the representatives and the BD or IA they represent (a) satisfy the qualification requirements of, and are approved to do business by, that state; or (b) are excluded or exempted from that state's registration requirements.
Representatives of a BD or IA are deemed to conduct business in a state to the extent that they would provide individualized responses to investor inquiries that involve (a) effecting, or attempting to effect, transactions in securities; or (b) rendering personalized investment advice for compensation.
Securities and advisory services offered through SII Investments, Inc.
Member FINRA/SIPC, and a Registered Investment Advisor.
Insight Asset Management and SII are separate companies.
SII does not provide tax or legal advice.
Investments and Services available to residents of: CA, CO, IA, MI, NM, OH, OR, TX, VA
FINRA State Registrations: CA, CO, IA, MI, NM, OH, OR, TX, VA
IA State Registrations: CA, CO, IA, MI, NM, OR, TX, VA